Skip to main content
Halewick Lane Virtual Power Plant
- Based at an old waste transfer site, previously derelict and asbestos ridden, West Sussex County Council wants to set up a Virtual Power Plant by investing in battery capacity.
- 2.4MW, 2.44MWh grid connected battery, the initial phase of the project, is planned to be 12MW/14.4MWh
- Following project review, total size increased to 24MW/28.8MWh
- Initial tender showed 2nd life car batteries to be more expensive and with a longer lead time than new batteries
- VPP will support other renewable energy and provide a market for excess electricity from LECs. It will also help stabilise the local grid through flexibility services